Diversity Council JumpStart™
“We appreciated the opportunity to select learning modules that were most relevant for our council. The Skills & Knowledge module was a great level-setter for the day. Every discussion presented linkages to other topics throughout the session. Thanks for providing value-added content to our diversity and inclusion goals through the delivery and best practice examples.”
-- Medtronic Diabetes
Establishing a new diversity council?
Restructuring an existing diversity council that has been dormant?
Then get off to a new start with Diversity Council JumpStart™.
Diversity Council JumpStart™ is a one or two day diversity council training workshop designed to address fundamental start-up needs for newly established councils, and the "re-start needs for councils going through a restructuring process. By using a flexible curriculum this session takes into account workplace, workforce and marketplace realities, and aligns those realities with the realities of your culture and business. The workshops are business relevant, results focused and motivational.
Diversity Council JumpStart™ core curriculum is designed to help councils set a solid foundation for moving forward by enabling members to gain an understanding of diversity as a business strategy, and their role in the process. Through on-going Application and Action Planning participants leave with increased understandings of business motives for the diversity process; the benefits of diversity as a strategic approach to meeting workplace, workforce and marketplace goals; and the impact of organizational culture and behaviors on leveraging diversity.
This highly interactive council workshop is built around five (5) essential components needed to create and maintain a strong foundation to ensure success
- Situation - Conduct an analysis to discover gaps; discuss supports and barriers that might drive or derail the process.
- Strategy - Develop strategies and tactics to close identified gaps; along with accountabilities and measures of success.
- Structure - Create a structure to engage people and carry out the plan across the enterprise.
- Skills & Knowledge - Strengthen diversity skills and knowledge to enable you to carry out the plan.
- Sustainability - Understand and build foundational components needed to operationalize and sustain the process.
Prior to the workshop facilitators conduct a teleconference with key decision makers to gain clarity of critical stakeholders within the organization; and to define specific deliverables for the day(s). This meeting will be instrumental to ensuring that learning modules effectively reflect the organization's business culture and are designed to achieve desired results.
1 Investment rates do not include travel and expenses
- One day JumpStart1 - Includes two Consultants and complimentary membershipin the Association of Diversity Councils plus one additional day of consulting and follow-ups.
- Two day JumpStart1 - Includes two Consultants and complimentary membershipin the Association of Diversity Councils plus one additional day of consulting and follow-ups.
More Diversity Council Training: