Help and Resources for New Diversity Councils
The Association of Diversity Councils knows that new diversity councils may form and fade quickly without proper guidance, support, member participation, and, more importantly, inspiration and encouragement. Whether your diversity council is focused on driving the organizationís diversity process, building awareness, or creating an inclusive work environment, the Association of Diversity Councils can help your council successfully navigate the various new council stages.
Your new diversity council is just a click away from valuable tools and resources that will help you work through start-up questions and unexpected obstacles. Start proving your value to the organization early on, and watch your council thrive and grow.
Tools available to members of the Association of Diversity Councils
- Diversity Council 10 Point Checkup - Exclusive assessment tool that will allow your council to set a baseline for moving forward; track your councilís progress based on goals you set for improvement; and benchmark your council against other new and mature councils
- Individual Member Development - Learning center resources provide valuable education for members with no previous council and/or diversity education, and add a new learning dimension for those with previous council membership experience. Educational resources include:
- E-learning - Up to 4 hours of cutting edge e-learning that users may complete at a time convenient to them. (VOLT & PIY overviews & graphics on the page)
- Diversity and Cross Cultural discussion series - Throughout the year, learn from a series of diversity topics designed to engage you in quick, thought-provoking activities. ( show overviews & graphics)
- Self Assessments - Whether you are a council member or council leader, assessment and action plan development will allow you to explore your effectiveness in dealing with others.
- Diversity Council Development - The Association of Diversity Councils recognizes that development of diversity councils as a cohesive unit is critical to maintaining high performance councils that positively impact organizational performance. Diversity council development resources include:
- Webinars and Conference Calls - Your new council will have the opportunity to participate in Webinars on topics pertinent to diversity councils; and conference calls designed to address topics typically addressed in council subcommittees.
- Forums - Enjoy access to best practice information through participation in on-line discussion forums with other Association of Diversity Council members.
- Diversity Experts - A panel of diversity professionals are available to respond to specific questions and provide guidance as needed.
- Handling Tough Questions and Answers -This resource will help to increase your comfort, confidence and competence in responding to tough diversity related questions.
- White Papers and Articles - Get more practical information from diversity experts to increase your knowledge on an array of diversity topics.
- Inspiration - Inspiration and encouragement are critical to the success of new councils. This is your place to motivate and be motivated; inspire and be inspired; and share the journey with others through inspirational stories, quotes and E-Cards.